EARLY, Texas - A motel maid said she was the victim of sexual assault Sunday morning while she was working in the 200 block of Early Boulevard.
The victim said she was going to clean a room when a black male attacked her from behind and sexually assaulted her repeatedly.
The Early Police and Department of Public Safety troopers arrested 38-year-old Derek Leron Wash in the motel and charged him with sexual assault.
Authorities have collected evidence for DNA testing to complete the investigation.
Wash recently moved from Mississippi to Brownwood. He is in jail. His bond is set at $35,000.
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week