EARLY, Texas - A motel maid said she was the victim of sexual assault Sunday morning while she was working in the 200 block of Early Boulevard.
The victim said she was going to clean a room when a black male attacked her from behind and sexually assaulted her repeatedly.
The Early Police and Department of Public Safety troopers arrested 38-year-old Derek Leron Wash in the motel and charged him with sexual assault.
Authorities have collected evidence for DNA testing to complete the investigation.
Wash recently moved from Mississippi to Brownwood. He is in jail. His bond is set at $35,000.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program