BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man was stabbed just two days after being released from jail with stabbing charges.
Jerry Leonard, 31, was arrested in February for allegedly stabbing a woman, according to the Brownwood Bulletin. Jail records show he was released on June 11.
Just two days later, Leonard was rushed to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center. He had been stabbed in the neck and abdomen.
Witnesses say Leonard got into a fight with Rollie Lopez, 33, on Friday, June 13. That's when Lopez allegedly stabbed Leonard.
Lopez was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'