BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man was stabbed just two days after being released from jail with stabbing charges.
Jerry Leonard, 31, was arrested in February for allegedly stabbing a woman, according to the Brownwood Bulletin. Jail records show he was released on June 11.
Just two days later, Leonard was rushed to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center. He had been stabbed in the neck and abdomen.
Witnesses say Leonard got into a fight with Rollie Lopez, 33, on Friday, June 13. That's when Lopez allegedly stabbed Leonard.
Lopez was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family