BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man was stabbed just two days after being released from jail with stabbing charges.
Jerry Leonard, 31, was arrested in February for allegedly stabbing a woman, according to the Brownwood Bulletin. Jail records show he was released on June 11.
Just two days later, Leonard was rushed to the Brownwood Regional Medical Center. He had been stabbed in the neck and abdomen.
Witnesses say Leonard got into a fight with Rollie Lopez, 33, on Friday, June 13. That's when Lopez allegedly stabbed Leonard.
Lopez was arrested and charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor