BROWNWOOD, Texas - A man is in Brown County Jail on allegations he sexually assaulted a resident of a nursing home where he worked.
Brownwood police said Christopher Cantrell, 45, was arrested Friday on a warrant for sexual assault.
According to police reports, the 68-year-old woman told police she had not reported multiple instances of sexual assault because Cantrell was well-liked and feared no one would believe her.
In July, the woman secretly preserved DNA evidence from Cantrell and turned it over to police. Cantrell also provided a DNA sample which matched the DNA the woman provided, police said.
Cantrell initially denied the allegations, but after learning the DNA samples matched, claimed the woman "instigated it," according to police.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot