BROWNWOOD, Texas - A man is in Brown County Jail on allegations he sexually assaulted a resident of a nursing home where he worked.
Brownwood police said Christopher Cantrell, 45, was arrested Friday on a warrant for sexual assault.
According to police reports, the 68-year-old woman told police she had not reported multiple instances of sexual assault because Cantrell was well-liked and feared no one would believe her.
In July, the woman secretly preserved DNA evidence from Cantrell and turned it over to police. Cantrell also provided a DNA sample which matched the DNA the woman provided, police said.
Cantrell initially denied the allegations, but after learning the DNA samples matched, claimed the woman "instigated it," according to police.
- Updated Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- Updated Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Rain chances fade, temperatures climb
- Updated Bill Cosby drops lawsuit against accuser