BROWNWOOD, Texas - A man is in Brown County Jail on allegations he sexually assaulted a resident of a nursing home where he worked.
Brownwood police said Christopher Cantrell, 45, was arrested Friday on a warrant for sexual assault.
According to police reports, the 68-year-old woman told police she had not reported multiple instances of sexual assault because Cantrell was well-liked and feared no one would believe her.
In July, the woman secretly preserved DNA evidence from Cantrell and turned it over to police. Cantrell also provided a DNA sample which matched the DNA the woman provided, police said.
Cantrell initially denied the allegations, but after learning the DNA samples matched, claimed the woman "instigated it," according to police.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer