BROWNWOOD, Texas - A man is in Brown County Jail on allegations he sexually assaulted a resident of a nursing home where he worked.
Brownwood police said Christopher Cantrell, 45, was arrested Friday on a warrant for sexual assault.
According to police reports, the 68-year-old woman told police she had not reported multiple instances of sexual assault because Cantrell was well-liked and feared no one would believe her.
In July, the woman secretly preserved DNA evidence from Cantrell and turned it over to police. Cantrell also provided a DNA sample which matched the DNA the woman provided, police said.
Cantrell initially denied the allegations, but after learning the DNA samples matched, claimed the woman "instigated it," according to police.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed