BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man is behind bars after allegedly sexually assaulting a teen.
Jeffery Hamil, 39, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of aggravated sexual assault.
According to police, the victim – a 13-year-old girl – was sleeping in Hamil's home while her mother was partying with Hamil, also in the home.
The mother left for a medical emergency, leaving her daughter.
Hamil is suspected of taking off the victim's pants against her will and sexually assaulting her.
She was treated at Hendrick Medical Center.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking