BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood man is behind bars after allegedly sexually assaulting a teen.
Jeffery Hamil, 39, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of aggravated sexual assault.
According to police, the victim – a 13-year-old girl – was sleeping in Hamil's home while her mother was partying with Hamil, also in the home.
The mother left for a medical emergency, leaving her daughter.
Hamil is suspected of taking off the victim's pants against her will and sexually assaulting her.
She was treated at Hendrick Medical Center.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon