BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood police arrested a man on New Year's Day, accusing him of sexually abusing a minor.
According to the Brown County jail log, Louis Salazar, 41, was arrested Jan 1. He's facing a charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child under age 14. Records show he has been arrested at least 18 times by Brown County authorities since 1996.
KTXS asked the Brownwood Police Chief and Assistant Police Chief for more information, but they chose to not release any saying it's an open investigation.
Salazar was released the same day on $30,000 bond.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country