BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood police officer was arrested Wednesday night for driving while intoxicated.
Danny Hutchins, 40, was arrested by a Department of Public Safety trooper for speeding and failing to stay in a single lane.
The incident happened around 11 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. Hwy 67.
According to a report, Hutchins' breath smelled of alcohol and he performed poorly on sobriety tests.
Hutchins has since bailed out of Brown County Jail after bond was set at $2,500. He is currently on administrative leave.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store