BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Brownwood police officer was arrested Wednesday night for driving while intoxicated.
Danny Hutchins, 40, was arrested by a Department of Public Safety trooper for speeding and failing to stay in a single lane.
The incident happened around 11 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. Hwy 67.
According to a report, Hutchins' breath smelled of alcohol and he performed poorly on sobriety tests.
Hutchins has since bailed out of Brown County Jail after bond was set at $2,500. He is currently on administrative leave.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017