BROWNWOOD, Texas - The prosecution has begun laying out their case in a Brownwood courtroom against 23-year-old Matthew Navarro.
Charged with the murder of Ronald Philen in 2009, Navarro is accused of being one of four men who broke into Philen's home looking to steal marijuana.
Things escalated and Philen was shot and killed. Prosecutors allege Navarro was the triggerman.
The three other men are already serving prison time for their connection to the murder.
- Updated Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Sunday Forecast: Cold front bringing cooler temperatures, more rain
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation