BROWNWOOD, Texas - The prosecution has begun laying out their case in a Brownwood courtroom against 23-year-old Matthew Navarro.
Charged with the murder of Ronald Philen in 2009, Navarro is accused of being one of four men who broke into Philen's home looking to steal marijuana.
Things escalated and Philen was shot and killed. Prosecutors allege Navarro was the triggerman.
The three other men are already serving prison time for their connection to the murder.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking