BROWNWOOD, Texas - The prosecution has begun laying out their case in a Brownwood courtroom against 23-year-old Matthew Navarro.
Charged with the murder of Ronald Philen in 2009, Navarro is accused of being one of four men who broke into Philen's home looking to steal marijuana.
Things escalated and Philen was shot and killed. Prosecutors allege Navarro was the triggerman.
The three other men are already serving prison time for their connection to the murder.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range