BROWNWOOD, Texas - The prosecution has begun laying out their case in a Brownwood courtroom against 23-year-old Matthew Navarro.
Charged with the murder of Ronald Philen in 2009, Navarro is accused of being one of four men who broke into Philen's home looking to steal marijuana.
Things escalated and Philen was shot and killed. Prosecutors allege Navarro was the triggerman.
The three other men are already serving prison time for their connection to the murder.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth