BROWNWOOD, Texas - The prosecution has begun laying out their case in a Brownwood courtroom against 23-year-old Matthew Navarro.
Charged with the murder of Ronald Philen in 2009, Navarro is accused of being one of four men who broke into Philen's home looking to steal marijuana.
Things escalated and Philen was shot and killed. Prosecutors allege Navarro was the triggerman.
The three other men are already serving prison time for their connection to the murder.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency