BROWNWOOD, Texas - There was a power outage in Brownwood Sunday night right in the middle of the Superbowl.
According to the Oncor electricity company, more than 5,000 people lost electricity.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. and lasted for about an hour, but during that time, many homes, from South Brownwood to Austin Avenue, and even in Brookesmith, were left in the dark.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9