BROWNWOOD, Texas - After 5 years of serving the community through a non-profit organization, Brownwood's Salvation Army director Donna Harris has stepped down.
Harris left on Monday, saying she wanted to pursue other opportunities, but is grateful for the volunteers and memories.
Caren Friend is currently the acting director.
The Salvation Army has always helped those in need by providing food, clothes, blankets and other supplies.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs