BROWNWOOD, Texas - Managing a fireworks stand was something Rose Massey always wanted to do, and so she did it.
Massey has only been working at the Mr. W fireworks stand for about two weeks.
She said she wants to give customers a chance to celebrate one of her favorite holidays, no matter the cost. She said she is invested in this business emotionally as well as financially.
"This little family came by; had $20, had about six kids...I could tell it sort of stretched the budget to bring that $20 to me instead of buying food. Let's just say the fireworks got real cheap for awhile," Massey said.
She said she wanted to do this so she could meet new people rather than spend a holiday alone.
Massey said she will donate a small percentage of her commission to Jake Landess, one of Brownwood's firefighters with leukemia.
Other things on Massey's bucket list include touring the U.S. and visiting Disney World's Epcot Center.
The stand off U.S. Highway 377 South is open 24/7 throughout July 4. People can text "LIONS" to 69302 for special deals on fireworks and elsewhere.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth