BROWNWOOD, Texas - Heat and dry weather has sparked a burn ban in Brown County.
The Brown County Commissioners announced at their Monday morning meeting that all outdoor burning is prohibited for 90 days.
This was in an effort to prevent fires, which a few have occurred recently in the area.
However, this will not have an affect on the public's use of fireworks for the 4th of July holiday.
The last time Brown County had a burn ban was back in January.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store