BROWNWOOD, Texas - Heat and dry weather has sparked a burn ban in Brown County.
The Brown County Commissioners announced at their Monday morning meeting that all outdoor burning is prohibited for 90 days.
This was in an effort to prevent fires, which a few have occurred recently in the area.
However, this will not have an affect on the public's use of fireworks for the 4th of July holiday.
The last time Brown County had a burn ban was back in January.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event