BROWNWOOD, Texas - Folks in Early and Brownwood will be dealing with a couple construction projects soon.
The Texas Department of Transportation will build a new street connecting County Road 381, better known as Old May Road, to US 183 in Early.
For the most part business owners can agree the new road, Heartland Drive, will be beneficial, but one business owner is worried it will hurt his restaurant.
The road will be directly behind the new Bruner dealership that is being build currently.
Charlotte Parrack at Heartland Mall isn't worried the construction will stop holiday shoppers.
"We're sitting in four major highways right here, so it's just going to bring that much more traffic and that many more people to this area, and we're excited about that," said Parrack.
However, Mike Thaqi, Owner of Prima Pasta, is worried the construction will impact the entrance to his restaurant off Old May Road.
Prima Pasta's other entrance is not accessible for those traveling from Brownwood unless they drive past the restaurant and turn around.
"It's going to hurt my business because they've got the divider in the middle. There's no way, I mean, to turn into my parking lot," said Thaqi.
But even Thaqi agrees the project could be beneficial in the long run.
"After the construction probably it's going to be better" said Thaqi.
Construction for Heartland Drive will begin in two weeks, and should be complete by spring.
Other than the Heartland Drive project, TxDot will also be starting a second project to US 84.
A center turn lane will be added to create five lanes form the US 67/377 intersection to the FM 2126 intersection.
Also, resurfacing on US 84 from Turtle Creek to about a quarter mile west of FM 2125 will be done.
The $4 million project should be finished in about a year.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated