BROWNWOOD, Texas - Monday evening's fire at a Lake Brownwood home started inside the house's breaker box, Brownwood Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said.
Preston said the breaker box had several loose wires, triggering the fire.
The fire was in the 8300 block of County Road 608 on Monday evening.
A man, woman, and their dog escaped without injury.
Although the structure remains, Preston said the inside of the home would need to be gutted.
Lake Bridge and Lake Dam VFD and the Brown County Sheriff's Office responded to the fire.
A call was made around 6:30 p.m. Monday to report the fire.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot