BROWNWOOD, Texas - Monday evening's fire at a Lake Brownwood home started inside the house's breaker box, Brownwood Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said.
Preston said the breaker box had several loose wires, triggering the fire.
The fire was in the 8300 block of County Road 608 on Monday evening.
A man, woman, and their dog escaped without injury.
Although the structure remains, Preston said the inside of the home would need to be gutted.
Lake Bridge and Lake Dam VFD and the Brown County Sheriff's Office responded to the fire.
A call was made around 6:30 p.m. Monday to report the fire.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack