BROWNWOOD, Texas - Monday evening's fire at a Lake Brownwood home started inside the house's breaker box, Brownwood Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said.
Preston said the breaker box had several loose wires, triggering the fire.
The fire was in the 8300 block of County Road 608 on Monday evening.
A man, woman, and their dog escaped without injury.
Although the structure remains, Preston said the inside of the home would need to be gutted.
Lake Bridge and Lake Dam VFD and the Brown County Sheriff's Office responded to the fire.
A call was made around 6:30 p.m. Monday to report the fire.
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames