BROWNWOOD, Texas - New soccer fields are in the works for Brownwood.
Brownwood authorized an agreement to hire an engineering firm to plan and get the project underway. The new complex will be located at the old Camp Bowie Sports Complex.
There will be 15 soccer fields for various ages, two practice fields, a restroom and concession building, and a playground.
Up to $2.2 million is being spent on the project. The money is from the sale of Certificates of Obligation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated