EARLY, Texas - The second annual Pioneer Days will be October 18th in Early.
Country Singer Charlie Robinson will headline the event. There will also be live performers re-enacting gun fights, a 5k color run and lessons on how the pioneers lived in their time.
"We would like for people to feel like they are experiencing pioneer type things," said Gina Jameson, Chairman of the event.
Pre-sale tickets will be $15, $20 if you purchase at the gate.
Jodie Armstrong, entertainment chairman, encourages people to dress up.
"Whether you're in your Annie Oakley gun outfit or you're a southern belle with a hat and a umbrella," said Armstrong, "I think that's something we can do to have a little bit more fun and kind of take ourselves back to being a child and enjoying what we got to show for the pioneers."
If you would like to be part of this event or would like more information please visit their website at earlypioneerdays.com.
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Abilene woman pleads guilty to aggravated ID theft
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget