EARLY, Texas - The second annual Pioneer Days will be October 18th in Early.
Country Singer Charlie Robinson will headline the event. There will also be live performers re-enacting gun fights, a 5k color run and lessons on how the pioneers lived in their time.
"We would like for people to feel like they are experiencing pioneer type things," said Gina Jameson, Chairman of the event.
Pre-sale tickets will be $15, $20 if you purchase at the gate.
Jodie Armstrong, entertainment chairman, encourages people to dress up.
"Whether you're in your Annie Oakley gun outfit or you're a southern belle with a hat and a umbrella," said Armstrong, "I think that's something we can do to have a little bit more fun and kind of take ourselves back to being a child and enjoying what we got to show for the pioneers."
If you would like to be part of this event or would like more information please visit their website at earlypioneerdays.com.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire