COMANCHE, Texas - Comanche County Sheriff's Office confirmed Wednesday afternoon that the remains found on Michael Lowery's Rising Star property belong to Amber Lowery.
Amber Lowery, 34, was reported missing back in July. Her husband, Michael, was arrested shortly after in connection with her disappearance.
The Sheriff's Office notified Amber's family on Tuesday. They said the autopsy was performed in Fort Worth but could not reveal the cause of death due to the pending trial.
Amber's brother Ryan Christensen said their family can now move on with a memorial service. He said it will probably be held in Stephenville, likely sometime during the summer when it's warmer and the kids are done with school.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot