BROWN COUNTY, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety released the names of the victims killed in two vehicle wrecks in Brown County Monday.
Willie Jones, 82, and his wife Patricia Anne Jones, 80, were killed Monday night when their pickup traveling north on US 84/183 towards Early collided with another pickup heading south.
A DPS news release states Willie Jones was driving when he tried to avoid a vehicle passing his pick-up on the right shoulder. He veered into the opposite lane crashing into a black pickup driven by bull riding star J.W. Harris.
Harris was riding with his wife, and two children but they were not seriously injured.
In the second accident, Robert Allen, 69, of Brookesmith was killed Monday at 7:03 p.m. when his car rolled over. He was driving on County Road 213 without a seatbelt, according to DPS. The release states he started veering left and overcorrected causing his car to flip onto its side.
Both crashes were still under investigation. DPS stated they don't know information about the other vehicle that might have caused that deadly wreck near Early.
- 29 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Abilene police warn of jury duty scam
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver