EARLY, Texas - There is a new person in charge at Early ISD, at least for now.
Monday night, the Early ISD school board named Larry Taylor as interim superintendent.
Board President Shawn Russell told KTXS News out of the four candidates they interviewed, Taylor was the best fit because of his school experience. He used to serve as in interim superintendent in Crockett County.
Russell said Taylor will start his duties on Feb. 1st and fill the position until they find a permanent replacement for Brett Koch.
Koch announced his resignation back in October, after working about 10 years at the district.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated