Early police said 45-year-old Nelson Thomas was arrested this week for his involvement in a shooting a couple of months ago.
Thomas was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and assault family violence by impeding breathing and circulation.
The shooting happened back in October on the 200 block of Crescent Drive.
According to Early police, Thomas had struck his wife Mica several times that evening and pulled a gun on her, threatening to kill them both.
"Nelson Thomas also broke Mica's cell phone to stop her from calling 911."
Thomas was shot in the abdomen by Mica and had to be airlifted to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
He is now in the Brown County Jail with bond posted at $200,000.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman