Early police said 45-year-old Nelson Thomas was arrested this week for his involvement in a shooting a couple of months ago.
Thomas was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and assault family violence by impeding breathing and circulation.
The shooting happened back in October on the 200 block of Crescent Drive.
According to Early police, Thomas had struck his wife Mica several times that evening and pulled a gun on her, threatening to kill them both.
"Nelson Thomas also broke Mica's cell phone to stop her from calling 911."
Thomas was shot in the abdomen by Mica and had to be airlifted to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth.
He is now in the Brown County Jail with bond posted at $200,000.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen