EARLY, Texas - A traffic stop in Early resulted in a drug arrest over the weekend.
William Tracy Harrington, 39, of Austin, was arrested on Sunday in the 600 block of Garmon Drive.
Early police said there was a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car. Authorities allegedly found 15 bottles filled with marijuana buds, six bottles with marijuana candy and two plastic baggies of marijuana candy in the vehicle.
Harrington told police he was traveling from Colorado back to Austin.
He was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was released on a total of $8,000 bond.
- Updated Abilene councilman on water bill complaints: Meters are being read
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season