EARLY, Texas - Thursday was a big day for the Early Police Department.
A celebration was held in Austin Thursday morning for Sergeant Steven Means. Sergeant Means received a Medal of Valor at the Texas state capital for his actions during a shooting that happened back in July of last year.
A dispute between neighbors at the Peach House RV Park left three people dead.
With the help of a citizen, Sergeant Means used about 11 gunshots to take out the suspect.
- California lawmakers pass bill inspired by Brock Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued