EARLY, Texas - An Early police officer received a medal of valor during Tuesday night's for his actions during a July 29, 2012, shooting at an RV park that left three dead.
Police Chief David Mercer presented Sgt. Steven Means with the honor for his work at the Peach House RV Park.
Means, the first officer to arrive at the RV park, joined resident Vic Stacy in exchanging gunfire with shooter Charles Conner.
Conner was killed after fatally shooting two residents of the park before police arrived.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer