EARLY, Texas - An Early police officer received a medal of valor during Tuesday night's for his actions during a July 29, 2012, shooting at an RV park that left three dead.
Police Chief David Mercer presented Sgt. Steven Means with the honor for his work at the Peach House RV Park.
Means, the first officer to arrive at the RV park, joined resident Vic Stacy in exchanging gunfire with shooter Charles Conner.
Conner was killed after fatally shooting two residents of the park before police arrived.
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program