BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brownwood ISD Place 4 Board of Trustees race has been watched closely after a ballot error.
Due to recent redistricting some voters may not have voted in that race, and seven people did vote that weren't eligible.
There was a problem with Place 4 at the Brown County Elections Office.
Here are the results:
Incumbent Eric Evans is the winner with 200 votes.
Brant Baugh had 101 votes, and Stanley Walker Jr. had 116 votes.
Evans won by 84 votes, so those seven ineligible votes didn't seem to swing the results or cause anyone to challenge the election.
"As we did some redistricting in our area for the school, it's very cumbersome. They paid a great deal of attention, especially when it was brought to their attention. Their diligence, I think, made for what I would consider to be as fair as you could have gotten," said Evans.
Evans has been on the school board for five years; this is the first time he has had any challengers in the Board of Trustees Place 4 race.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend