BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brownwood ISD Place 4 Board of Trustees race has been watched closely after a ballot error.
Due to recent redistricting some voters may not have voted in that race, and seven people did vote that weren't eligible.
There was a problem with Place 4 at the Brown County Elections Office.
Here are the results:
Incumbent Eric Evans is the winner with 200 votes.
Brant Baugh had 101 votes, and Stanley Walker Jr. had 116 votes.
Evans won by 84 votes, so those seven ineligible votes didn't seem to swing the results or cause anyone to challenge the election.
"As we did some redistricting in our area for the school, it's very cumbersome. They paid a great deal of attention, especially when it was brought to their attention. Their diligence, I think, made for what I would consider to be as fair as you could have gotten," said Evans.
Evans has been on the school board for five years; this is the first time he has had any challengers in the Board of Trustees Place 4 race.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire