BANGS, Texas - A fire that broke out Tuesday night left a home in ruins.
It happened on CR 151 near Bangs.
Brownwood Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said the cause of the fire is still unknown because the house burned for awhile before crews were notified so there was not a lot left to sift through.
"The roof was already gone when the ones who were first on scene arrived," Preston said. "Plus the house is so far out and there aren't any witnesses who can tell you what side the fire started on."
Homeowner Sheila Brown wasn't home when the fire happened. She was still grieving the loss of her two-bedroom home which she said was purchased in the 1940s and once belonged to her grandparents.
"I can't believe it happened to me," Brown said tearfully. "I've never experienced anything like this."
Donations can be dropped off at 1505 Belle Plain in Brownwood.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program