BANGS, Texas - A fire that broke out Tuesday night left a home in ruins.
It happened on CR 151 near Bangs.
Brownwood Fire Marshal Buddy Preston said the cause of the fire is still unknown because the house burned for awhile before crews were notified so there was not a lot left to sift through.
"The roof was already gone when the ones who were first on scene arrived," Preston said. "Plus the house is so far out and there aren't any witnesses who can tell you what side the fire started on."
Homeowner Sheila Brown wasn't home when the fire happened. She was still grieving the loss of her two-bedroom home which she said was purchased in the 1940s and once belonged to her grandparents.
"I can't believe it happened to me," Brown said tearfully. "I've never experienced anything like this."
Donations can be dropped off at 1505 Belle Plain in Brownwood.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth