BROWNWOOD, Texas - A former Brown County Jail officer has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 14.
Eric Tipton, 37, was arrested May 15, 2014 for the incident which allegedly occurred in April. He had been out on bail on that charge.
Tipton was a jail officer at Brown County Jail from August 1, 2011 to May 8 of 2013.
Last week, the Brown County Grand Jury of the 35 Judicial Court found significant cause to indict Tipton with the first degree felony charge.
Tipton‘s bond is posted at $100,000.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend