BROWNWOOD, Texas - A former Brown County Jail officer has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 14.
Eric Tipton, 37, was arrested May 15, 2014 for the incident which allegedly occurred in April. He had been out on bail on that charge.
Tipton was a jail officer at Brown County Jail from August 1, 2011 to May 8 of 2013.
Last week, the Brown County Grand Jury of the 35 Judicial Court found significant cause to indict Tipton with the first degree felony charge.
Tipton‘s bond is posted at $100,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated