BROWNWOOD, Texas - A former Brown County Jail officer has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 14.
Eric Tipton, 37, was arrested May 15, 2014 for the incident which allegedly occurred in April. He had been out on bail on that charge.
Tipton was a jail officer at Brown County Jail from August 1, 2011 to May 8 of 2013.
Last week, the Brown County Grand Jury of the 35 Judicial Court found significant cause to indict Tipton with the first degree felony charge.
Tipton‘s bond is posted at $100,000.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death