BROWNWOOD, Texas - A former Brown County Jail officer has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 14.
Eric Tipton, 37, was arrested May 15, 2014 for the incident which allegedly occurred in April. He had been out on bail on that charge.
Tipton was a jail officer at Brown County Jail from August 1, 2011 to May 8 of 2013.
Last week, the Brown County Grand Jury of the 35 Judicial Court found significant cause to indict Tipton with the first degree felony charge.
Tipton‘s bond is posted at $100,000.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills