BROWNWOOD, Texas - A former Brown County Jail officer has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 14.
Eric Tipton, 37, was arrested May 15, 2014 for the incident which allegedly occurred in April. He had been out on bail on that charge.
Tipton was a jail officer at Brown County Jail from August 1, 2011 to May 8 of 2013.
Last week, the Brown County Grand Jury of the 35 Judicial Court found significant cause to indict Tipton with the first degree felony charge.
Tipton‘s bond is posted at $100,000.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies