BROWNWOOD, Texas - There are a few fireworks festivities in Brown County this weekend.
You can watch fireworks on Independence Day in Comanche at the Comanche High School stadium at 6:30p.m. There will be food before the show and a ceremony to honor veterans after the show.
On Friday July 5th, Gilligan's Park by Lake Brownwood will light a show beginning at 8:00p.m. Bands will be there to entertain with their live performances. The celebration will continue on Saturday at 6:00p.m.
A similar event will also take place near Lake Brownwood on Saturday, at the Wild Duck Marina. This will be the second annual Fourth of July bash held there. The event starts 6:00p.m. and the fireworks show starts at 9:20p.m.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco