BROWNWOOD, Texas - A fundraiser is being held Friday for the family of a 4-year-old girl who died in what police believe was an accidental shooting.
The brisket sandwich event is being held at 11:30 a.m. at the Lehnis Railroad Museum in Brownwood.
According to Brownwood police, an adult was cleaning a gun when it went off Sunday evening. The bullet traveled through a wall and struck 4-year-old Gracie Morin.
Friday's lunch will be $8 per plate. Organizers will serve until plates are sold out. Volunteers are being sought to help with the effort. Orders of 20 or more can be delivered.
Lehnis Railroad Museum is located at 700 E. Adams St. in Brownwood. For more information, please call (325) 217-2210.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs