BROWNWOOD, Texas - Funeral arrangements are in the works for a 4-year-old Brownwood girl who was accidentally shot Sunday night in her family's home.
While funeral arrangements are pending for Grace Morin, a specific date for the funeral has not been chosen, according to Blaylock Funeral Home in Brownwood.
In a news release, Brownwood police said a girl was shot when an adult family member was cleaning a semi-automatic handgun that discharged.
The bullet passed through a wall and struck the girl who was in the living room of a home in the 500 block of Parkway around 8:15 p.m. Sunday.
Police haven't released the family's name or girl's name, citing the family's privacy. According to neighbors, Gracie Morin was the fatally shot girl.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger