BROWNWOOD, Texas - Funeral arrangements are in the works for a 4-year-old Brownwood girl who was accidentally shot Sunday night in her family's home.
While funeral arrangements are pending for Grace Morin, a specific date for the funeral has not been chosen, according to Blaylock Funeral Home in Brownwood.
In a news release, Brownwood police said a girl was shot when an adult family member was cleaning a semi-automatic handgun that discharged.
The bullet passed through a wall and struck the girl who was in the living room of a home in the 500 block of Parkway around 8:15 p.m. Sunday.
Police haven't released the family's name or girl's name, citing the family's privacy. According to neighbors, Gracie Morin was the fatally shot girl.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer