BROWNWOOD, Texas - Funeral arrangements are in the works for a 4-year-old Brownwood girl who was accidentally shot Sunday night in her family's home.
While funeral arrangements are pending for Grace Morin, a specific date for the funeral has not been chosen, according to Blaylock Funeral Home in Brownwood.
In a news release, Brownwood police said a girl was shot when an adult family member was cleaning a semi-automatic handgun that discharged.
The bullet passed through a wall and struck the girl who was in the living room of a home in the 500 block of Parkway around 8:15 p.m. Sunday.
Police haven't released the family's name or girl's name, citing the family's privacy. According to neighbors, Gracie Morin was the fatally shot girl.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't