MCCULLOCH COUNTY, Texas - The funeral service has been set for Elias Stanke, the Brownwood teen who was killed last week in a utility vehicle crash.
His service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at Coggin Avenue Baptist Church in Brownwood.
No visitation will be held.
Stanke was killed Wednesday in an off-road vehicle crash in McCulloch County.
According to the Brownwood Bulletin, the 14-year-old Stanke died when the Polaris Ranger utility vehicle he was on – with two others – crashed on a private ranch. Another teen, age 19, was driving the UTV.
The vehicle apparently overturned on a curve – and Stanke was pinned under it.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend