MCCULLOCH COUNTY, Texas - The funeral service has been set for Elias Stanke, the Brownwood teen who was killed last week in a utility vehicle crash.
His service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at Coggin Avenue Baptist Church in Brownwood.
No visitation will be held.
Stanke was killed Wednesday in an off-road vehicle crash in McCulloch County.
According to the Brownwood Bulletin, the 14-year-old Stanke died when the Polaris Ranger utility vehicle he was on – with two others – crashed on a private ranch. Another teen, age 19, was driving the UTV.
The vehicle apparently overturned on a curve – and Stanke was pinned under it.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run