MCCULLOCH COUNTY, Texas - The funeral service has been set for Elias Stanke, the Brownwood teen who was killed last week in a utility vehicle crash.
His service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at Coggin Avenue Baptist Church in Brownwood.
No visitation will be held.
Stanke was killed Wednesday in an off-road vehicle crash in McCulloch County.
According to the Brownwood Bulletin, the 14-year-old Stanke died when the Polaris Ranger utility vehicle he was on – with two others – crashed on a private ranch. Another teen, age 19, was driving the UTV.
The vehicle apparently overturned on a curve – and Stanke was pinned under it.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated