MCCULLOCH COUNTY, Texas - The funeral service has been set for Elias Stanke, the Brownwood teen who was killed last week in a utility vehicle crash.
His service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at Coggin Avenue Baptist Church in Brownwood.
No visitation will be held.
Stanke was killed Wednesday in an off-road vehicle crash in McCulloch County.
According to the Brownwood Bulletin, the 14-year-old Stanke died when the Polaris Ranger utility vehicle he was on – with two others – crashed on a private ranch. Another teen, age 19, was driving the UTV.
The vehicle apparently overturned on a curve – and Stanke was pinned under it.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer