EARLY, Texas - George P. Bush, who is running for Texas Land Commissioner, made a stop in Brown County on Thursday.
He and his campaign crew dropped by Humphrey Pete's restaurant in Early, where they had lunch with some members of the Brown County Sheriff's Office and local candidates.
According to Bush's Communications Director, J.R. Hernandez, Thursday was the last day of Bush's 5-week tour. During that time, they visited about 40 cities.
They also visited Brady and Stephenville before they headed to Fort Worth.
George P. Bush is former President George W. Bush's nephew and former President George H.W. Bush's grandson.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth