BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood's Good Samaritan Ministries is holding an event called Empty Bowls, where the public can get a taste of what families in poverty consume on a daily basis.
The event will be held in the Brownwood Coliseum from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. There is a request for a minimum $10 donation.
KTXS News will get the facts on how this benefits the community and how it helps Good Samaritan Ministries achieve its goals.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash