BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood's Good Samaritan Ministries is holding an event called Empty Bowls, where the public can get a taste of what families in poverty consume on a daily basis.
The event will be held in the Brownwood Coliseum from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. There is a request for a minimum $10 donation.
KTXS News will get the facts on how this benefits the community and how it helps Good Samaritan Ministries achieve its goals.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program