BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood's Good Samaritan Ministries is holding an event called Empty Bowls, where the public can get a taste of what families in poverty consume on a daily basis.
The event will be held in the Brownwood Coliseum from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. There is a request for a minimum $10 donation.
KTXS News will get the facts on how this benefits the community and how it helps Good Samaritan Ministries achieve its goals.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire