BROWNWOOD, Texas - Brownwood's Good Samaritan Ministries is holding an event called Empty Bowls, where the public can get a taste of what families in poverty consume on a daily basis.
The event will be held in the Brownwood Coliseum from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. There is a request for a minimum $10 donation.
KTXS News will get the facts on how this benefits the community and how it helps Good Samaritan Ministries achieve its goals.
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets