BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Empty Bowls project in Brown County had a record breaking year.
The event was held at the Brownwood Coliseum on March 28.
Good Samaritan Ministries reports $16,500 was raised, tripling the amount made two years ago.
Around 1,000 people attended the Empty Bowls project this year, and more than 100 gallons of soup was served.
The remaining soup was given to the Salvation Army.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman