BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Empty Bowls project in Brown County had a record breaking year.
The event was held at the Brownwood Coliseum on March 28.
Good Samaritan Ministries reports $16,500 was raised, tripling the amount made two years ago.
Around 1,000 people attended the Empty Bowls project this year, and more than 100 gallons of soup was served.
The remaining soup was given to the Salvation Army.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated