BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne University recently presented a man with an award for his service to the community.
HPU President Dr. Bill Ellis gave Kevin Dinnin the Gordon Ware Cowden Courage in Christianity Award on Sunday at the Spurs basketball game in San Antonio.
Dinnin has a business in Abilene that helps provide a transitional living home for homeless males in the area.
The award is named after Gordon Ware Cowden, who was an HPU graduate and victim of the Aurora, Colo., theater shooting. Scholarships have also been established at HPU in his honor.
KTXS News spoke with both Ellis and Dinnin to get the facts on the significance of the award.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated