BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne Athletics and Adidas have entered into a new three-year agreement that will provide exclusive footwear and apparel for all Yellow Jacket teams through the 2016-2017 academic year.
"We are excited to continue our partnership with Adidas," said Howard Payne University athletic director Mike Jones. "This has been a great opportunity for our department that goes well beyond cost savings because it has put all of our teams in similar apparel and will continue to help us brand our identity as we move forward with our department. It also gives high quality apparel and footwear to each of our teams from one of the world leaders in the industry."
The new agreement ensures that all Howard Payne teams will be outfitted in Adidas uniforms, including practice and travel gear. In addition, officially licensed Howard Payne/Adidas branded products will still be available to Yellow Jacket fans in the future. This marks the second three year period that the Howard Payne Athletics Department will have been outfitted by one brand. Howard Payne University is still the only NCAA Division III school in the nation with this type of exclusive agreement with Adidas.
"We are honored to continue to have Howard Payne University Athletics as a part of the Adidas family," said Mike Cloud of Adidas Team Sales. "We look forward to a long and successful partnership of which both parties can be proud."
Mike Cloud is a 1977 graduate of Howard Payne University. He was a member of the Yellow Jacket football team where he was a two-time All-Lone Star Conference selection at safety.
Howard Payne has more than 300 student-athletes competing in the sports of football, women's volleyball, men's and women's soccer, men's and women's basketball, along with baseball, softball and men's and women's tennis.
A member of the highly competitive American Southwest Conference, Howard Payne has won 11 conference titles and six ASC division titles in the past 15 years. In 2008, the HPU women's basketball team won the NCAA Division III women's basketball national championship. Howard Payne also has individual NCAA championship winners in men's track and field and two team NAIA national championships in men's cross country.
Howard Payne joins such universities as Michigan, UCLA, Tennessee, Indiana, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and SMU among others to be outfitted exclusively in Adidas footwear, uniforms and accessories. Adidas also has exclusive all-league partnership with the NBA and has marketing agreements with the NFL and MLS.
Information for this story provided by HPU Athletics.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth