BROWNWOOD, Texas - Local small businesses got a chance to share their services with the community on Thursday.
From banks to retail to medical organizations, 58 vendors were on hand at the 7th annual Brownwood Spring Business Showcase.
"We encourage people to shop local and keep money here in town," said Missi Malone, event coordinator. "We just want to give the community an opportunity to learn more about the businesses in town."
Andrea Lee, marketing coordinator for Brownwood Regional Medical Center, said people won't have to drive elsewhere if they knew about the resources available in their own area.
"This is a great opportunity for us to get out in the community and meet people and introduce ourselves to people and let people know that we're here to help them," said Dr. Lorin Wolf, who works at Heartland Chiropractic.
"This helps us broaden our spectrum with the customers and their needs and see what we can furnish," said Margaret McGuire, store manager of Card & Party Factory.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth