BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Christmas Under the Stars Festival is bringing ice skating to Brownwood this year.
A synthetic ice skating rink is set up outdoors in the Depot Complex.
For $2, you can get a pair of ice skates and 15 minutes of skating time on an ice rink making its first Brownwood appearance.
Lindley Tilley, 10, tried on her skates for the first time Monday.
"I'm really excited, and I'm ready to skate," Lindley said.
She skated with her brother and sister, with a little help from her mom and dad.
Joe Tilley said the ice rink was a big hit with his family.
"Oh, great time, the kids had a really good time. We'll be out here Saturday," said Tilley.
Sunni Modawell with the Brownwood Chamber of Commerce said big crowds are expected throughout the week.
"We have had calls from all over our area, wanting to know about the rink and can they bring different groups to come and try it out," Modawell said.
The ice skating rink will be open until Saturday.
The hours of operation are as follows:
Monday, Dec. 3: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 4: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 5: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Thursday- Saturday, Dec. 6-8: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend