BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Christmas Under the Stars Festival is bringing ice skating to Brownwood this year.
A synthetic ice skating rink is set up outdoors in the Depot Complex.
For $2, you can get a pair of ice skates and 15 minutes of skating time on an ice rink making its first Brownwood appearance.
Lindley Tilley, 10, tried on her skates for the first time Monday.
"I'm really excited, and I'm ready to skate," Lindley said.
She skated with her brother and sister, with a little help from her mom and dad.
Joe Tilley said the ice rink was a big hit with his family.
"Oh, great time, the kids had a really good time. We'll be out here Saturday," said Tilley.
Sunni Modawell with the Brownwood Chamber of Commerce said big crowds are expected throughout the week.
"We have had calls from all over our area, wanting to know about the rink and can they bring different groups to come and try it out," Modawell said.
The ice skating rink will be open until Saturday.
The hours of operation are as follows:
Monday, Dec. 3: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 4: 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 5: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Thursday- Saturday, Dec. 6-8: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck