BROWNWOOD, Texas - An Indian Creek man is now in jail. Police said 39-year-old Richard Valadez fired a shot in his home after getting into a fight with his family.
According to police, Valadez had locked his wife and children out of their Indian Creek home Friday night after the wife left to pick up the three children.
Valadez fired a shot inside the home while the wife and three children were outside prompting the wife to call 911.
Friday night officers were unable to make contact with Valadez.
The Brown County Sheriff's Office said officers returned with a warrant Monday -- and Valadez fired a shot inside the home.
Gas canisters had to be shot inside the home in order to get him out.
He is now in the Brown County Jail.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash