BROWNWOOD, Texas - An Indian Creek man is now in jail. Police said 39-year-old Richard Valadez fired a shot in his home after getting into a fight with his family.
According to police, Valadez had locked his wife and children out of their Indian Creek home Friday night after the wife left to pick up the three children.
Valadez fired a shot inside the home while the wife and three children were outside prompting the wife to call 911.
Friday night officers were unable to make contact with Valadez.
The Brown County Sheriff's Office said officers returned with a warrant Monday -- and Valadez fired a shot inside the home.
Gas canisters had to be shot inside the home in order to get him out.
He is now in the Brown County Jail.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday