BROWNWOOD, Texas - Investigators are still working to identify the third victim in a deadly house fire near Lake Brownwood.
Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said a tentative identification of the woman has been made, but that officials aren't releasing a name because the ID is only tentative.
On Monday morning, fire destroyed a mobile home in the Shamrock Shores area, killing three people. Two killed have been identified as Eddie Jowers, 45, who owned the mobile home, and Denman Cain Jr., 42.
All three bodies were sent to Tarrant County for autopsies. Tony Aaron, captain of operations with the Brown County Sheriff's Office, said preliminary autopsy results revealing the cause of death should be ready Wednesday. Aaron said the female victim should also be identified then.
The Brown County Sheriff's Office and arson investigators are also still working to determine what caused the fire.
Although the cause is undetermined, Sheriff Grubbs has his suspicions.
"They said there were a lot of combustible things around the trailer and in the trailer, possibly some electrical problems, but none of this has actually been determined at this point," said Grubbs.
Though Jowers' family is left with questions, they sifted through his charred home Tuesday, hoping to salvage anything they could find.
"Very emotional, any little thing sets them off at this time. It's just a mourning process that they will go through and surpass," said Eddie's uncle, Kenneth Jowers.
"It's very painful, emotional situation anytime you have to endure the loss of a loved one," Jowers said.
With tear-filled eyes, Bobby Jowers recalled a kind-hearted son who he already misses.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated