A fundraiser at Bruner Toyota for Michele Reiter's family brought a large crowd Saturday despite the rain.
Reiter was reported missing on September 11th and her body was found in Coleman County this past Monday.
BBQ sandwich meals were sold for six dollars a plate, including chips and a drink.
Over 200 plates were sold at the fundraiser to raise money for Reiter's family for funeral and travel expenses.
Because of the rain, volunteers even delivered sandwiches to homes in Brownwood.
Reiter's two children, Alexis and Ty, were at the fundraiser and were overwhelmed by the support of the community.
"It's a beautiful thing in a horrible situation, is the best way to describe it for me. It just shows me that all these people love my mom like I love my mom," said Ty Reiter.
22 briskets were donated for the fundraiser by members and businesses of the community for the sandwiches.
For more ways to donate to Michele Reiter's family call Erocia Poindexter at 325-217-6872.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run