A fundraiser at Bruner Toyota for Michele Reiter's family brought a large crowd Saturday despite the rain.
Reiter was reported missing on September 11th and her body was found in Coleman County this past Monday.
BBQ sandwich meals were sold for six dollars a plate, including chips and a drink.
Over 200 plates were sold at the fundraiser to raise money for Reiter's family for funeral and travel expenses.
Because of the rain, volunteers even delivered sandwiches to homes in Brownwood.
Reiter's two children, Alexis and Ty, were at the fundraiser and were overwhelmed by the support of the community.
"It's a beautiful thing in a horrible situation, is the best way to describe it for me. It just shows me that all these people love my mom like I love my mom," said Ty Reiter.
22 briskets were donated for the fundraiser by members and businesses of the community for the sandwiches.
For more ways to donate to Michele Reiter's family call Erocia Poindexter at 325-217-6872.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated