A fundraiser at Bruner Toyota for Michele Reiter's family brought a large crowd Saturday despite the rain.
Reiter was reported missing on September 11th and her body was found in Coleman County this past Monday.
BBQ sandwich meals were sold for six dollars a plate, including chips and a drink.
Over 200 plates were sold at the fundraiser to raise money for Reiter's family for funeral and travel expenses.
Because of the rain, volunteers even delivered sandwiches to homes in Brownwood.
Reiter's two children, Alexis and Ty, were at the fundraiser and were overwhelmed by the support of the community.
"It's a beautiful thing in a horrible situation, is the best way to describe it for me. It just shows me that all these people love my mom like I love my mom," said Ty Reiter.
22 briskets were donated for the fundraiser by members and businesses of the community for the sandwiches.
For more ways to donate to Michele Reiter's family call Erocia Poindexter at 325-217-6872.
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency