BROWNWOOD, Texas - A two-year undercover effort - labeled "Operation Tangled Web" - resulted in 53 people being identified, 42 being arrested and 11 remaining at-large Friday during a massive Brown County drug sweep.
The Brownwood Police Department, Brown County Sheriff's Office and Early Police Department collaborated in the operation and worked together Friday to round up the field of alleged criminals.
Fifty grams of methamphetamine was obtained during the roundup, along with a sum of marijuana and a shotgun. Six kids were also taken into Child Protective Services custody.
"I think it's had a tremendous impact on the public," Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said. "We take a lot of these people off the streets that are responsible for a lot of collateral crime ... not just drugs itself, family violence, a lot of other things. I think it is beneficial for our to our public to do this and we're going to continue to do it."
The police intend to gather more arrests in this operation over the weekend.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth