BROWNWOOD, Texas - A two-year undercover effort - labeled "Operation Tangled Web" - resulted in 53 people being identified, 42 being arrested and 11 remaining at-large Friday during a massive Brown County drug sweep.
The Brownwood Police Department, Brown County Sheriff's Office and Early Police Department collaborated in the operation and worked together Friday to round up the field of alleged criminals.
Fifty grams of methamphetamine was obtained during the roundup, along with a sum of marijuana and a shotgun. Six kids were also taken into Child Protective Services custody.
"I think it's had a tremendous impact on the public," Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs said. "We take a lot of these people off the streets that are responsible for a lot of collateral crime ... not just drugs itself, family violence, a lot of other things. I think it is beneficial for our to our public to do this and we're going to continue to do it."
The police intend to gather more arrests in this operation over the weekend.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill