BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Pecos man is in the Brown County Jail accused of trying to hire a hit man.
This past April, Texas Rangers received information that 37-year-old Michael Joseph Bien was trying to find a person to murder another individual.
Bien was arrested a short time later in Reeves County on other charges.
Upon release, authorities said Bien immediately contacted an individual to hire a hit man for murder; that person was an undercover police officer.
Bien met the undercover officer of the Texas Department of Public Safety in the 400 block of West Commerce in Brownwood.
Bien is charged with Solicitation of Capital Murder with a bond of $500,000.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget