BROWNWOOD, Texas - A Pecos man is in the Brown County Jail accused of trying to hire a hit man.
This past April, Texas Rangers received information that 37-year-old Michael Joseph Bien was trying to find a person to murder another individual.
Bien was arrested a short time later in Reeves County on other charges.
Upon release, authorities said Bien immediately contacted an individual to hire a hit man for murder; that person was an undercover police officer.
Bien met the undercover officer of the Texas Department of Public Safety in the 400 block of West Commerce in Brownwood.
Bien is charged with Solicitation of Capital Murder with a bond of $500,000.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking