EARLY, Texas - A change is around the corner for Early's Heartland Mall as more retailers are moving in.
Heartland Mall Property Manager Brittany Cooley uprooted her own store, Dazzling Divas, to make room for two new businesses – a nail salon and a Common Grounds coffee shop.
"I had to really take a step back and look at it as a mall manager and not a store owner," Cooley said. "I felt that for the mall, it was better to bring in a business who was going to constantly have traffic and bring more people out here and that would benefit more tenants."
More tenants mean more money coming into the Brown County economy.
"The more businesses we have here and the more money that stays here. It increases our sales tax. Our revenue stays in town," Cooley said.
Cooley said seven new businesses have opened in the mall in the last six months.
"It's astonishing and the community has been so supportive."
Dazzling Divas has relocated to 1601 Coggin Ave. in Brownwood.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday