EARLY, Texas - A change is around the corner for Early's Heartland Mall as more retailers are moving in.
Heartland Mall Property Manager Brittany Cooley uprooted her own store, Dazzling Divas, to make room for two new businesses – a nail salon and a Common Grounds coffee shop.
"I had to really take a step back and look at it as a mall manager and not a store owner," Cooley said. "I felt that for the mall, it was better to bring in a business who was going to constantly have traffic and bring more people out here and that would benefit more tenants."
More tenants mean more money coming into the Brown County economy.
"The more businesses we have here and the more money that stays here. It increases our sales tax. Our revenue stays in town," Cooley said.
Cooley said seven new businesses have opened in the mall in the last six months.
"It's astonishing and the community has been so supportive."
Dazzling Divas has relocated to 1601 Coggin Ave. in Brownwood.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene