EARLY, Texas - A change is around the corner for Early's Heartland Mall as more retailers are moving in.
Heartland Mall Property Manager Brittany Cooley uprooted her own store, Dazzling Divas, to make room for two new businesses – a nail salon and a Common Grounds coffee shop.
"I had to really take a step back and look at it as a mall manager and not a store owner," Cooley said. "I felt that for the mall, it was better to bring in a business who was going to constantly have traffic and bring more people out here and that would benefit more tenants."
More tenants mean more money coming into the Brown County economy.
"The more businesses we have here and the more money that stays here. It increases our sales tax. Our revenue stays in town," Cooley said.
Cooley said seven new businesses have opened in the mall in the last six months.
"It's astonishing and the community has been so supportive."
Dazzling Divas has relocated to 1601 Coggin Ave. in Brownwood.
- Abilene's public radio station could face cuts under new budget
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 2 escape from south Abilene house fire
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student