BROWNWOOD, Texas - One person is dead and three people injured after a head-on collision Wednesday.
The accident happened shortly after 8 a.m. in Brown County, about three miles north of Highway 279.
DPS officers said a pickup drifted into oncoming traffic and crashed into an SUV.
The SUV driver, 58-year-old Stanley Walker, was pronounced dead at Brownwood Regional Medical Center.
The driver of the pickup, 66-year-old Aparicio Puentes, was flown to a hospital in Fort Worth.
The two vehicles had 17-year-old passengers who were taken to the Brownwood Medical Regional Center by ambulance.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot