BROWNWOOD, Texas - One person is dead and three people injured after a head-on collision Wednesday.
The accident happened shortly after 8 a.m. in Brown County, about three miles north of Highway 279.
DPS officers said a pickup drifted into oncoming traffic and crashed into an SUV.
The SUV driver, 58-year-old Stanley Walker, was pronounced dead at Brownwood Regional Medical Center.
The driver of the pickup, 66-year-old Aparicio Puentes, was flown to a hospital in Fort Worth.
The two vehicles had 17-year-old passengers who were taken to the Brownwood Medical Regional Center by ambulance.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season