BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 14-year-old boy is hospitalized in Brownwood after police said he stole a car and then hit a utility pole.
Police said the boy stole a car from a driveway in the 1600 block of Broadmoor on Tuesday afternoon.
The car's owner told police the car was unlocked with keys in the ignition.
The boy then wrecked the car that night in Bluff Dale on Highway 377, north of Stephenville.
He was flown to a Fort Worth hospital. The investigation is ongoing. Charges are pending.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated