BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 14-year-old boy is hospitalized in Brownwood after police said he stole a car and then hit a utility pole.
Police said the boy stole a car from a driveway in the 1600 block of Broadmoor on Tuesday afternoon.
The car's owner told police the car was unlocked with keys in the ignition.
The boy then wrecked the car that night in Bluff Dale on Highway 377, north of Stephenville.
He was flown to a Fort Worth hospital. The investigation is ongoing. Charges are pending.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies