BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 14-year-old boy is hospitalized in Brownwood after police said he stole a car and then hit a utility pole.
Police said the boy stole a car from a driveway in the 1600 block of Broadmoor on Tuesday afternoon.
The car's owner told police the car was unlocked with keys in the ignition.
The boy then wrecked the car that night in Bluff Dale on Highway 377, north of Stephenville.
He was flown to a Fort Worth hospital. The investigation is ongoing. Charges are pending.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen