BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 14-year-old boy is hospitalized in Brownwood after police said he stole a car and then hit a utility pole.
Police said the boy stole a car from a driveway in the 1600 block of Broadmoor on Tuesday afternoon.
The car's owner told police the car was unlocked with keys in the ignition.
The boy then wrecked the car that night in Bluff Dale on Highway 377, north of Stephenville.
He was flown to a Fort Worth hospital. The investigation is ongoing. Charges are pending.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't