BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 14-year-old boy is hospitalized in Brownwood after police said he stole a car and then hit a utility pole.
Police said the boy stole a car from a driveway in the 1600 block of Broadmoor on Tuesday afternoon.
The car's owner told police the car was unlocked with keys in the ignition.
The boy then wrecked the car that night in Bluff Dale on Highway 377, north of Stephenville.
He was flown to a Fort Worth hospital. The investigation is ongoing. Charges are pending.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store