BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 35-year-old man identified as the primary target in Brown County's massive Operation Tangled Web drug sweep has been captured.
Kevin Sliger's arrest means all suspects – 54 defendants with 62 charges – have now been arrested in the undercover police operation.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office, Sliger was arrested after leading police on a car chase after he noticed officers approaching him.
Police say Sliger threw multiple items out of the window – including money, methamphetamine and a weapon – during this chase.
Sliger's vehicle was struck by another vehicle when he ran a stop sign. Police say he led cops on a foot chase for four blocks before being arrested by pursuing officers.
In the car with him was Jeanna Hopkins, 30, who was arrested at the accident scene.
Deputies say about 14 grams of methamphetamine, one gram of cocaine, less than two ounces of marijuana, a .380 semi-automatic pistol, and more than $4,000 in currency was seized.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death