BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 35-year-old man identified as the primary target in Brown County's massive Operation Tangled Web drug sweep has been captured.
Kevin Sliger's arrest means all suspects – 54 defendants with 62 charges – have now been arrested in the undercover police operation.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office, Sliger was arrested after leading police on a car chase after he noticed officers approaching him.
Police say Sliger threw multiple items out of the window – including money, methamphetamine and a weapon – during this chase.
Sliger's vehicle was struck by another vehicle when he ran a stop sign. Police say he led cops on a foot chase for four blocks before being arrested by pursuing officers.
In the car with him was Jeanna Hopkins, 30, who was arrested at the accident scene.
Deputies say about 14 grams of methamphetamine, one gram of cocaine, less than two ounces of marijuana, a .380 semi-automatic pistol, and more than $4,000 in currency was seized.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog