BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 35-year-old man identified as the primary target in Brown County's massive Operation Tangled Web drug sweep has been captured.
Kevin Sliger's arrest means all suspects – 54 defendants with 62 charges – have now been arrested in the undercover police operation.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office, Sliger was arrested after leading police on a car chase after he noticed officers approaching him.
Police say Sliger threw multiple items out of the window – including money, methamphetamine and a weapon – during this chase.
Sliger's vehicle was struck by another vehicle when he ran a stop sign. Police say he led cops on a foot chase for four blocks before being arrested by pursuing officers.
In the car with him was Jeanna Hopkins, 30, who was arrested at the accident scene.
Deputies say about 14 grams of methamphetamine, one gram of cocaine, less than two ounces of marijuana, a .380 semi-automatic pistol, and more than $4,000 in currency was seized.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay