BROWNWOOD, Texas - A 35-year-old man identified as the primary target in Brown County's massive Operation Tangled Web drug sweep has been captured.
Kevin Sliger's arrest means all suspects – 54 defendants with 62 charges – have now been arrested in the undercover police operation.
According to the Brown County Sheriff's Office, Sliger was arrested after leading police on a car chase after he noticed officers approaching him.
Police say Sliger threw multiple items out of the window – including money, methamphetamine and a weapon – during this chase.
Sliger's vehicle was struck by another vehicle when he ran a stop sign. Police say he led cops on a foot chase for four blocks before being arrested by pursuing officers.
In the car with him was Jeanna Hopkins, 30, who was arrested at the accident scene.
Deputies say about 14 grams of methamphetamine, one gram of cocaine, less than two ounces of marijuana, a .380 semi-automatic pistol, and more than $4,000 in currency was seized.
- 6 cows killed, deputy hurt in suspected drunk driving crash
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday
- Texas wife sentenced to prison for killing officer husband
- Kidnapped Border Patrol agent says he feared for family
- 3-year-old boy dies after he's found in hot car in Texas
- State cornhole championship held in Abilene
- 5 car wreck on Winters Freeway, 1 injured
- 24-hour amateur radio field day taking place this weekend
- 2 taken to Abilene hospital after vehicle strikes go-kart
- CityLink addresses driver shortage with pay bump
- Friends of the Library raises over $60,000 at annual Abilene book sale
- Amputee golf tournament taking place at Lake Brownwood
- Owner of Brownwood restaurant and motel disputes $97,000 fine for health violations
- Budget shortfall affecting maintenance at Texas state parks
- Brownwood ISD, emergency agencies conduct response drills
- Early ISD continuing research on proposal to arm teachers, staff
- 4th of July celebrations around the Big Country
- Area's best showcase their stuff in the State Lineman Challenge
- Train derailed by strong winds in Mitchell County
- More than 100 barrels of oil stolen from Nolan County drilling company
- Brownwood battles heat, snags 7-on-7 state spot in duel with Merkel
- Wanted Wednesday: Abilene police looking for 2 capital murder suspects
- Police arrest 2 Abilene men for stealing car, breaking into 'numerous' vehicles in Merkel