BROWNWOOD, Texas - There was a proposal at the Brown County Commissioners court meeting on Monday to freeze property taxes for senior citizens and the disabled.
Brown County Judge Ray West said he wants the public to vote on the issue rather than have commissioners decide.
Aside from letting the court rule or the public vote, the tax for the elderly and disabled demographics can be frozen by petition.
The topic will reach the ballot if at least 5 percent of registered voters sign.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth