BROWNWOOD, Texas - There was a proposal at the Brown County Commissioners court meeting on Monday to freeze property taxes for senior citizens and the disabled.
Brown County Judge Ray West said he wants the public to vote on the issue rather than have commissioners decide.
Aside from letting the court rule or the public vote, the tax for the elderly and disabled demographics can be frozen by petition.
The topic will reach the ballot if at least 5 percent of registered voters sign.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck