BROWNWOOD, Texas - Election officials said they saw the highest numbers in early voting that they've seen, and voting on Election Day remains high.
Brown County has set a record for early voting numbers this election.
Larry Franks, representing the Brown County Elections Office, said 8,513 people cast their vote in early voting.
The high early voting numbers didn't seem to affect voter turn out on Election Day.
Franks reported 3,836 total votes as of 5:45 p.m. Tuesday evening. He said voting has been steady throughout the day.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger