BROWNWOOD, Texas - Mayor Stephen Haynes announced at the city council meeting that September would be recovery month in Brownwood to help raise awareness for mental and substance disorders.
"All governmental function struggle at times with getting the word out about what services are available to the citizens and anything we can do to help promote the Center for Life Resources and what they do is a good thing and so I think this recovery walk that they're planning on September 6 at Coggin Park will be a great deal," said Haynes.
The 3rd annual recovery walk is sponsored by the Center for Life and Resources and will be about a mile long. It starts at 8 a.m. with a meet and greet. The walk will begin at around 9:15 a.m and after that they will have guest speakers and a speaker corner for whoever would like to share their recovery story.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident