BROWNWOOD, Texas - An aerial search was conducted Wednesday for 38-year-old Michele Reiter.
Unfortunately, local law enforcement officials had no new information Thursday after the search was conducted.
The Brownwood Police Department has asked the Brown County Sheriff's Office as well as the Department of Public Safety for their assistance with the search for Michele Reiter.
Reiter has been missing for ten days, and those closest to her say they're worried because "just leaving" isn't like her.
"Happy to be around friends and family and her job, and she was starting to do zumba. This is not like her to just leave," said Dennise Worrell.
Reiter did not show up for work at the Home Depot in Brownwood the morning after her roommate, Dennise Worrell, said she did not come home.
Reiter's boss, John Morgan, said not coming to work was unlike her.
"She was very good, she was one of our department heads in the store, so she was a very good employee," said Morgan.
Sparky Dean with DPS said a helicopter from Lubbock scoured the Brownwood area Wednesday, but no new information resulted from the search.
"We've got to look for her, we've got to just keep looking because she's out there somewhere, she is," said Worrell.
The police department did confirm that Reiter's car was found at the Bert Massey Sports Complex two days after she was reported missing on September 11.
A Facebook page called "Help Find Michele Reiter" has attracted many followers from Brownwood and surrounding communities.
If anyone has any information on Michele Reiter's whereabouts, contact the Brownwood Police Department.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances stay in the forecast
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase