BROWNWOOD, Texas - An aerial search was conducted Wednesday for 38-year-old Michele Reiter.
Unfortunately, local law enforcement officials had no new information Thursday after the search was conducted.
The Brownwood Police Department has asked the Brown County Sheriff's Office as well as the Department of Public Safety for their assistance with the search for Michele Reiter.
Reiter has been missing for ten days, and those closest to her say they're worried because "just leaving" isn't like her.
"Happy to be around friends and family and her job, and she was starting to do zumba. This is not like her to just leave," said Dennise Worrell.
Reiter did not show up for work at the Home Depot in Brownwood the morning after her roommate, Dennise Worrell, said she did not come home.
Reiter's boss, John Morgan, said not coming to work was unlike her.
"She was very good, she was one of our department heads in the store, so she was a very good employee," said Morgan.
Sparky Dean with DPS said a helicopter from Lubbock scoured the Brownwood area Wednesday, but no new information resulted from the search.
"We've got to look for her, we've got to just keep looking because she's out there somewhere, she is," said Worrell.
The police department did confirm that Reiter's car was found at the Bert Massey Sports Complex two days after she was reported missing on September 11.
A Facebook page called "Help Find Michele Reiter" has attracted many followers from Brownwood and surrounding communities.
If anyone has any information on Michele Reiter's whereabouts, contact the Brownwood Police Department.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog