BROWNWOOD, Texas - An aerial search was conducted Wednesday for 38-year-old Michele Reiter.
Unfortunately, local law enforcement officials had no new information Thursday after the search was conducted.
The Brownwood Police Department has asked the Brown County Sheriff's Office as well as the Department of Public Safety for their assistance with the search for Michele Reiter.
Reiter has been missing for ten days, and those closest to her say they're worried because "just leaving" isn't like her.
"Happy to be around friends and family and her job, and she was starting to do zumba. This is not like her to just leave," said Dennise Worrell.
Reiter did not show up for work at the Home Depot in Brownwood the morning after her roommate, Dennise Worrell, said she did not come home.
Reiter's boss, John Morgan, said not coming to work was unlike her.
"She was very good, she was one of our department heads in the store, so she was a very good employee," said Morgan.
Sparky Dean with DPS said a helicopter from Lubbock scoured the Brownwood area Wednesday, but no new information resulted from the search.
"We've got to look for her, we've got to just keep looking because she's out there somewhere, she is," said Worrell.
The police department did confirm that Reiter's car was found at the Bert Massey Sports Complex two days after she was reported missing on September 11.
A Facebook page called "Help Find Michele Reiter" has attracted many followers from Brownwood and surrounding communities.
If anyone has any information on Michele Reiter's whereabouts, contact the Brownwood Police Department.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer