BROWNWOOD, Texas - Fireworks were the cause of a fire in south Brownwood on Tuesday.
A man, his wife and his friend were in their backyard shooting off fireworks, not realizing it was against city ordinance.
The three went inside and left the firework partially lit. The fire grew and spread to their shed and vehicle before traveling to their neighbor's garage, destroying it.
One of the three participants was issued a citation. The couple lived in the home, which they were renting from the wife's father.
- Updated Police shoot 'active shooter' at Texas strip mall, 'several' taken to hospital
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87
- Police find missing girl, make 3 arrests in triple California killing
- Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- KTXS Forecast: Rain chances ending on this Monday