BROWNWOOD, Texas - Fireworks were the cause of a fire in south Brownwood on Tuesday.
A man, his wife and his friend were in their backyard shooting off fireworks, not realizing it was against city ordinance.
The three went inside and left the firework partially lit. The fire grew and spread to their shed and vehicle before traveling to their neighbor's garage, destroying it.
One of the three participants was issued a citation. The couple lived in the home, which they were renting from the wife's father.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase