BROWNWOOD, Texas - Fireworks were the cause of a fire in south Brownwood on Tuesday.
A man, his wife and his friend were in their backyard shooting off fireworks, not realizing it was against city ordinance.
The three went inside and left the firework partially lit. The fire grew and spread to their shed and vehicle before traveling to their neighbor's garage, destroying it.
One of the three participants was issued a citation. The couple lived in the home, which they were renting from the wife's father.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught