BROWNWOOD, Texas - Fireworks were the cause of a fire in south Brownwood on Tuesday.
A man, his wife and his friend were in their backyard shooting off fireworks, not realizing it was against city ordinance.
The three went inside and left the firework partially lit. The fire grew and spread to their shed and vehicle before traveling to their neighbor's garage, destroying it.
One of the three participants was issued a citation. The couple lived in the home, which they were renting from the wife's father.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated